Simple, Real-Time, HIPAA Compliant Messaging!
Accessible from the Web or an application downloaded to one’s smartphone or tablet, Secure Messaging Plus (SM+) offers a secure, HIPAA-compliant, way to safely exchange sensitive information via text with your peers and office. Our users experience all of the benefits of texting, but in a secure manner and environment. With Secure Messaging Plus users can:
• Maintain compliance. Stay HIPAA, GLBA and SOX compliant with messages and attachments that are encrypted in transit and at rest on devices using SM+ as well as on the servers which house the content prior to expiration. Startel also undergoes an extensive annual HIPAA audit to ensure compliance standards are met, or exceeded.
• Control expiring of messages. Set messages to expire at a predetermined time or when marked as read or filed. Messages that do not have a defined expiration will expire within the originating subscriber’s default number of days (not to exceed 30 days). This feature offers users an additional layer of security.
• Send attachments. Securely send and receive attachments such as voice recordings, and image attachments for better collaboration with colleagues. This is a key feature for physicians and staff to consult on patient files.
• Track the status of all messages. Subscribers can track when a message from their device has been sent, viewed, read and filed. When SM+ is used in conjunction with the Startel CMC, messages and their content are fully tracked, archived and encrypted. Real-time reports can also be generated by administrative personnel based on a number of criteria, including duration of time, subscriber, etc.
• Forward messages. Prior to sending a message, or by allowing forwarding by default, users have the ability to indicate which messages can be forwarded. Administrators can also enable certain accounts to not allow forwarding of any messages.
• Send to Groups of subscribers. Subscribers can define an unlimited number of groups to be used when communicating amongst a team of individuals. When replying to a group message, users can choose to reply directly, and only to the sender, or to the entire group.
Give your contact center agents all the right tools!